Friday, December 9, 2011

Love & High Expectations

What a year this has been.  Now that it's almost Christmas time (which I cannot believe) I get that annoying, "reflective" headscape going.  2011 has been rocky for a lot of reasons.  I hope that through it all though, everybody has taken something positive away from it all - whatever YOUR situation.

I came to the realization this year that we all have to work.  Life isn't a dress rehearsal.  Life is what you make it.  Alright, seriously, enough with the cliches.  What I'm trying to say is that if you go to work, hate your job, come home, hate your house, go to work, come home, go to work, come home...  That's just passing the time.  What are we all waiting for, you know?  I realized that no matter what career path I choose, I have to be able to creatively express myself.  Without that, I feel entirely too average.... And when I feel average, I look it. aka NOT ok.

I started a business at the end of last year.  It was a Telecommunications Marketing business, triangle-esque.  It did harm, it did good, but I realized that I'm not a suit.  I'm not a conventions kinda guy.  I don't want to give up on the people I care about simply because they chose not to follow the same pipe dream.  Goodluck to anybody who can actually make money doing it, but I'm simply not made to be Avon Lady of sorts.

I currently have a job that I'm looking to change.  There is a lot of downtime here everyday which allows us to plump our Pinterests, Share on Facebook, creep on dating websites, AND actually focus on what we need to do to feel happy.  I refound my art.

I love to read, write poetry, try new makeup trends, take and edit photos, create, do-it-myself.  It keeps me in better spirits.  It keeps me from feeling like a gear in a factory.

This blog is my random brain.  I'm not sure what all I'll put on here yet but...  hopefully somebody gets some kind of enjoyement from reading it

R ~<3

0 comments: