Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Button Hairpins


DIY Button Hairpins
(12.27.11)

I found these hairpins on Pinterest and made some for Nikki.  The ones I’m going to link to are actually attached in individual bobby pins and stitched on.  I did mine a little differently because I wanted them to be more durable.
I used silver hair pins instead of bobby pins.  I found them on clearance at Walmart.  I traced each button on felt, cut it out, placed two parallel slits in the center of the felt circle, and fed the top of the pin through it.  A little hot glue on the felt… stuck the button on and that’s it.
If you do it this way the buttons are not attached to the pin, the pin/felt/button are all attached together. 
If you’ve tried this or have any comments/suggestions, let me know.
R~<3

0 comments: