Thursday, December 29, 2011

Hassleback Potato


Hassleback Potato (trial)
(12.29.11)
Saw these bad boys and had to give them a try. 
Here's what I did and what I thought...

Step 1:
Wash your dirty tater.

Step 2:
Preheat your oven to 425 and put your tater on a cutting board. 

Step 3:
Starting from one end of the tater and cut ALMOST through the entire thing.  I sliced mine in about 1/8" slices.  I got all the way to the opposite end and sliced it off...  Win some, lose some.

Step 4:
Mince some fresh garlic and wedge it in between each slice.  This part is annoying.  I also put a little "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" in between each one.

Step 5: (Totally Optional... Totally Worth It)
Hold your tater in your hand and rub the bottom and sides with your "Not Butter".  Roll it in rock salt or sea salt and place it on your pan.

Step 6:
Drizzle with olive oil and cracked pepper and bake for 45-50 mins.  The edges look crispy and the fresh is soft.


Ta Da!

My Thoughts:
Well first of all they smell and look delicious.  You still have to eat them with a fork and knife because you'll get oil and butter all over your fingers.  I liked them but I'd enjoy a twice-baked potato more.  The slicing and stuffing was tedious.  Not my favorite tater but not too bad. 

I'lll say ...
3 out of 5

Be sure to post any questions/comments/recommendations under the main post on the Home page!

0 comments: